Share Festival Sincerity
For our XII edition of Piemonte Share Festival, the Italian art fair of electronics, digital art and new media, we chose the theme of “Sincerity.”
“Sincerity” is the antidote to an era of fake news, deception, phony hype, double-dealing and espionage. It’s refreshing to be open, transparent, and emotionally generous.
Electronic art often relies on technology to produce stage-magic special effects. However, high-tech art doesn’t have to mystify in order to move the audience and make an artistic point. Sometimes it’s far better to open the stuffy black-boxes and reveal the means of production; to be inclusive and expose all the tools to fresh air.
The Share Festival international jury for 2017: Massimo Banzi, Sheldon Brown, Angelo ‘Motor’ Comino, Jasmina Tesanovic and Bruce Sterling – chose six works that, although they are technically complex, are lucid and emotionally clear. We have artworks from around the world that include a jar that expresses shyness, a love that struggles with static and digital decay, knives that stay alive, interactive rooms with breathing room, and multimedia that sleeps on the beach at sunrise.
We also have a social show of experimental works by favorite Share artists who have bravely volunteered to create works with the new Share Festival “Artmaker” Tool Bag, a portable collection of instruments specifically designed and assembled by Share to support creative technology and device art.
Welcome to lucidity, justice, fairness, and respect for civilized intelligence.
Welcome to Sincerity!
26th May 2017 – 6:00pm / 10:00pm
7:00pm Share Prize and Share Artmaker Prizegiving
8:00pm Giorgio Pulini Elektro Djset
26th/28th May 2017 – 10:00am / 08:00pm
The Share Festival international jury for 2017: Massimo Banzi, Sheldon Brown, Angelo ‘Motor’ Comino, Jasmina Tesanovic and Bruce Sterling – chose six works that, although they are technically complex, are lucid and emotionally clear.
26th/28th May 2017
We’ve asked creatives we respect to use the Artmaker tools to create artworks for XII Share Festival. The resulting works will be put on public display in Torino, to show what can be done with a set of hardware that fits right over your shoulder.
Un pomeriggio nel futuro
27th May 2017 – 6:15pm
Keynote Room, Toolbox
Stefano Mirti and Bruce Sterling invite architects interested and curious to confront new creative forms of living by visiting Casa Jasmina, Share Festival and Mini Faire Maker.
Abitare innovando sinceramente
28th May 2017 – 6:00pm
Keynote Room, Toolbox
Relators: Joseph Grima and Bruce Sterling
XII Share Festival
- Organization & Production: The Sharing
- General Manager: Chiara Garibaldi
- Artistic Director: Bruce Sterling
- Curators: Angelo Comino, Jasmina Tesanovic
- Production: Francesca Ventura
- Communication and Press Office: Erica Bertolino
- Setting: Chiara Garibaldi
- Setup: Davide Trombetta
- Graphic Layout: Francesca Ventura, Francesco Bogliani
- Translations: Elena Aime, Antonella Emmi
- Videos: Francesca Ventura
- Photos: Stefano Fiorina
- Web Design: Andrea Taddei
Jury Share Prize X Edition
- MASSIMO BANZI: Co-founder of the Arduino project, teaches Interaction Design at SUPSI Lugano
- SHELDON BROWN: Director of Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination and Center for Hybrid Multicore Productivity Research
- ANGELO MOTOR COMINO: artist, musician
- JASMINA TEŠANOVIC: feminist, activist,writer, journalist, translator and filmmaker
- BRUCE STERLING: writer, journalist, blogger and critic of the new media
Share Festival is held in
- Toolbox Coworking: Via A. da Montefeltro, 2 Torino
- Regione Piemonte
- Città di Torino
- Fondazione CRT
- Compagnia di San Paolo
- Torino Chamber of Commerce
- Goethe Institute